Sunday, November 22, 2009

Best News in Healthcare Debate

There's only a little good news coming out of the way that Dem's force fed the Healthcare bill was Mary Landrieu... she of the - I got $300 million to vote for the bill.

If it took $300 million for the last vote (and millions more along the way for other votes) that demonstrates just how weak this bill is. Let's face it with another month of debate and opportunities for people to show just how corrupt this bill is support only needs to drop by one or two votes for it to delay or die.

Even if it does leave the Senate how will the House react? Are members of the House really willing to pay off someone like Mary Landieu to the tune of $300+ million?

This bill is poison... the sad part (or possibly good news) is that by the time its hits the trash heap it's likely to take the Democratic party with it.

I remember working against the election of Ronald Reagan (I wasn't a Carter fan, I preferred Anderson) but you know when I compare the "don't trust anyone in power" creed I associated with the Democratic party. Now I see a Democratic party with which I don't associate - they "believe in global warming", they "Believe in a large union based federal government", they "Believe in ..." too many things....

The only thing I 'Believe' in politics is always investigating, always questioning and never following like sheep for 'Change'. Our joke was the slaughter house is change for the sheep but that doesn't mean that after they're there that they'll still be happy with it.
I put Obama's administration in that model and the question is can enough sheep break for the door before the slaughter begins? In that sense, the end of the current Democratic party is possibly good news. The Republicans have a chance at fiscal change reinvigorating their party and it's the Democrats use of Trillion dollar deficits that's making that possible.

No comments: